Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ups and downs


So here we are on the other side of the big day.  Hopefully you all survived unscathed, and had a fairly jolly time.

We went for a walk on Christmas Eve afternoon, one of my favourite times at Christmas.  As the sun sets, lights go on, fires are lit and everything looks wonderfully cosy.  It's the perfect time for a wander.











As the sun set we drove home for food and company and the start of Christmas.

The day itself was quiet, and not one of the best ever.  The two older boys and I were struck down with a tummy bug in the evening, so there wasn't much sleep had that night, and Boxing Day was a bit of a non-event.  Everyone's feeling stronger now, but it appears that a cold may be doing the rounds instead.

The skates were a hit, so much so that the biggest boy wants some too.  We took them to the sea front for a test drive (big, wide, flat open space = less stuff to crash into)(although watch that sea wall).  The littlest boy was of course a complete maniac, trying to sprint as fast as he could in them and falling over about fifty times.  Oh how we laughed.  A lot of the people he hurtled past, arms flailing, were laughing too.  He was dressed as Batman (Christmas present) which added to the effect.  The costume hasn't survived the outing very well, and the cape is a bit of a pain to wear, so I might have a go at making a better one.



Any ideas for next year's present..?







No snow here, so I'm planning on a good walk this afternoon, after an inactive day (visiting relatives) yesterday.  The countryside in winter is gorgeous.  I really enjoyed reading this article by Alys Fowler.  She puts it beautifully, the joy of the cold weather and a freezing winter walk.

I'm already in a bit of a New Year's frame of mind.  Lots of lists whirling round in my head (must remember to write them down) and lots of plans and ideas.  I try to keep it realistic, but I do like to aim to be more organised and efficient every year.  It's a tradition.

How about you?  A good Christmas?  Any laughs?  Any New Years plans, big or small?  Any dreams?  I'm wishing a very happy year for you all, and I hoping that you follow your dreams.  CJ xx

Post a Comment

0 Comments